White Chocolate Bread Pudding
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 120 minutes
- 2 lbs Stale French Bread
- 1 & 1/8 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 & 1/8 cups Milk
- 7/8 qt. Heavy Cream
- 12 Egg Yolks
- 1 & 3/8 lbs White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 oz Vanilla Extract
- 3/8 lbs Butter (melted)
1) Cut French Bread into 1" cubes & set aside
2) Heat milk, 3/8 lbs sugar, heavy cream, & vanilla over medium heat, mixing well with a wire whisk
3) In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks with remaining sugar until fully incorporated
4) As the milk/cream mixture begis to boil & rise, quickly add two 8 oz. ladles of milk/cream mixture to egg yolks and whip to incorporate. Once fully blended, immediately add the egg yolk mixture to the milk/cream mixture, stirring constantly until the mixture reaches a thin custard consistency (about 5 - 7 minutes).
5) Add chocolate to the custard and mix until smooth.
6) Pour the custard over the french bread cubes.
7) Mix by hand, using a folding motion being careful not to smash the bread.
8) Brush 9x13" pan with melted butter on bottom and sides.
9) Equally distribute the custard, bread mixture into pan.
10) Cover each pan with plastic wrap and foil.
11) Fill another pan about 1/4 full with water to create a water bath for the 9x13" pan.
12) Bake in oven heated to 325F for 1 hour & 45 minutes (when fully cooked a toothpick pushed into the center will come out clean).
13) Remove foil & plastic wrap, brush with melted butter and cook 10 more minutes.
14) Let cool to room temperature then refrigerate.
15) When fully cooled, cut pan into individual portions and wrap singly.
16) Label, date, day dot and have supervisor initial work.