Crepes (Gluten Free, Vegan version)
This is the best healthy crepe recipe. And it is fantastic because these work with pretty much every food preference for guests. They also happen to be a much healthier choice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 scant cup oat flour (gluten free if needed) (90 g)
- 4 tbsp tapioca flour (28 g)
- 4 tbsp potato starch or corn starch (28 g)
- 2 tbsp flax seeds ground (10 g)
- 2 cups nut (almond, cashew, whatever) milk or any other dairy free milk (360 ml)
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup (30 g)
1) Grind flax seeds and add to milk. Let sit for a few mins until it thickens.
2) Grind oats and mix everything together and let stand 10 minutes.
3) Heat a non-stick pan/skillet with over medium heat. Put a little bit of oil in the pan (vegan butter or whatever floats your boat)
3) Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into the pan, swirl the batter around to coat the pan evenly. Cook for about 2-4 minutes or until you can easily lift a side of the crepe (don't try to flip the crepe too early). After you carefully flipped the crepe, cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
Do not sub for the tapioca flour. That is the magic here ;)