Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 70 minutes
- 4 tablespoons plant-based butter (Earth Balance or equivalent)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced -- brown onion --
- 3/4 tsp. Asafoetida (Hing) Powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. fenugreek
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds -- wait for mustard seeds to pop.
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped.
- 10 cups pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 8 oz. can of organic tomato paste
- 1/4 cup organic black strap molasses
- 1 tbsp. Italian blend spices -- cook on low.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 4 cups vegan crumbles (beyond meat) -- brown 10 mins.
- 4 cups cashew nut cheese (ricotta style 3 containers kite hill) -- mix with meat.
- 1 cup vegan parmesagn cheese -- mix with meat cheese combo
- 2 large stalks broccoli
- 3 zucchini -- steam and blend
- soften lasagne noodles and place base layer in pan
- put half cheese blend over noodle layer
- put 1/4 of pasta sauce over cheese layer
- put all vegetables over pasta sauce layer
- put spinach over vegetable layer
- put 1/4 sauce over spinach layer
- put shredded parmesan over sauce layer
- put another noodle layer over parmesan layer
- put most of remaining sauce over noodle layer -- save a little pasta sauce and a little cheese
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 cups of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cups of Braggs liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup of olive oil -- blend in blender.
- baby greens
- lettuce (1 head)
- 4 avocados
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 5 1/2 cups)
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 4 tablespoons sliced fresh sage, divided
- 2 15-ounce containers part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups grated part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 9-ounce package no-boil lasagna noodles
-- grease lasagne pan
-- cook 375 for 1 hour.
place remaining cheese and remaining sauce over lasagna and cook for 10 more minutes.
-- Salad -- Sweet creamy dressing --
-- will work out prep work from comments --
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Increase heat to high; add tofu, spinach and nutritional yeast and cook until spinach is lightly wilted, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to bowl; set aside.
Add squash, broth, 3 tablespoons thyme, and 3 tablespoons sage to same skillet. Cover and simmer over medium heat until squash is just tender, about 6 minutes. Uncover and cook until squash is very soft but still retains shape, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and remaining 1 tablespoon thyme and 1 tablespoon sage in large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper; mix in eggs.
Use cooking spray to grease 13x9x2-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Spread ½ c ricotta mixture and ½ c tomato mixture over bottom. Arrange 3 noodles on top. Spread 1 – 1 ½ cups ricotta mixture over noodles. Arrange 1 cup squash mixture over. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mushrooms and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Top with 3 noodles, then ricotta mixture, half of remaining squash, 1/2 cup mushrooms, and remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella. Repeat with noodles, ricotta mixture, remaining squash, and remaining mushrooms. Top with 3 noodles. Spread any remaining ricotta mixture over; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake lasagna, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through, about 25 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. (The lasagna can be assembled one day ahead and refrigerated.)
This is very Volumetric! If you don’t like butternut squash, try eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, anything you like -- Lasagna is just a method, so once you have the method, it’s very easy to change to suit your own taste!
I dislike mushrooms, so you will note them missing in this recipe. If you are a fan of mushrooms, replace the nutritional yeast, spinach, and tofu with 1 pound crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, sliced (about 4 cups).